Missouri's 'Rhine Valley' launches winery promotionBY JUDITH EVANS > Post-Dispatch Food Editor
September 1, 2011
Wineries in the Missouri Rhine Valley -- the area along the Missouri River between St. Charles and Hermann -- have launched a Passport program to encourage visitors throughout September.
The program highlights these events:
- Hermann Country Fair, Sept. 10-11
- Washington BrewFest, Sept. 10
- Augusta's Harvest Festival, Sept. 16-17
- Washington Fall Festival of the Arts &Crafts, Sept. 24-25
- Hermann Civil War Days, Sept. 24-25
- Tunes andBalloons in New Haven, Sept. 24
- Warren County Farmers Market in Wright City, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays
- Washington Farmers Market, from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays
The prizes will be awarded during the Meet the Missouri Rhine Valley Fall Fare, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 5 at Robller Winery in New Haven. The event will feature artisans, vintners, food producers and entrepreneurs from the area, and admission is free. You do not have to be present to win a Passport prize.
The Passport is the first program from the new Missouri Rhine Valley Association (MRVA), a non-profit group of food producers, wineries, artisans, tourism venues, retailers and government agencies. The Passport event is sponsored by the Missouri Wine and Grape Board.
___________________________________________ _____________________________________ . .
Donate To Keep This Site Alive
______________________________________________________ ___________________________ . .
VIDEO: MISSOURI THE BEAUTIFUL Take a patriotic tour of the Show Me State's natural wonders . . _____________________________________________________________________________